Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hart Family Waffles

This is my absolute favorite waffle recipe ever! My mom would make this all the time for breakfasts and dinners while I was growing up. Now I make it for the occasional Sunday breakfast or brunch in my house!

What you need:

4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups buttermilk (or 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup milk)
1 cup melted butter

Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs until light. Sift together dry ingredients. Add dry mixture and buttermilk alternately to eggs, begin and end with the dry mixture. Add melted butter.

I usually cut this recipe in half, as it makes quite a lot of batter. Also this recipe is very good with raspberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, or anything else that might cook well in the batter!

No comments:

Post a Comment