Friday, May 6, 2011

Chili

My mom makes the best chili! I've been craving chili this whole week, so you can understand my excitment when my mom said she was making chili and that I could come help and have some! I wanted to share her recipe with all of you so that you can enjoy it as well!

What you need:

2-3 14oz. cans of red kidney beans

2 14oz. cans of pinto beans

1 8oz. can tomatoe paste

2 14 oz. cans tomatoe sauce

2-3 tbs. chili powder

2-3 tsp. cumin

Freshly ground pepper (to taste)

2 16oz. Hamburger meat

1 16oz. Jimmy Dean Sausage

1/2 an onion, diced

Cook hamburger meat, sausage, and onion in a skillet on medium until meat is cooked. In a pot placed on low heat add red kidney beans and pinto beans with their juice. Add tomatoe paste and tomatoe sauce to the beans. Then add the meat. Mix together and then add chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Let cook on low heat for about two hours. Taste the sauce and if it needs more chili powder, cumin, and pepper then add it to make it taste right!

Serve it with sour cream, cheese, and your choice of tortilla chips!



No comments:

Post a Comment