Thursday, October 27, 2011

Green Chicken Enchiladas

This is a favorite at my house! These enchiladas are so simple to make and are so delicious! My mother-in-law was so kind to show me how to make these! She really makes some of the best Mexican dishes I have ever had and I'm so happy she is so willing to teach me how to make them!
What you need:

Whole chicken, shredded ( I just buy a rotisserrie chicken from Costco)
White Corn Tortillas
Tomatillo Salsa
Crema Mexicana (Mexican table cream, its runnier than sour cream)
Queso Fresco (a crumbly white cheese)

Make the tomatillo salsa, which can be found under salsa in my blog. Take the shredded chicken and place in a pan with some of the salsa and some olive oil. On medium heat warm the chicken up and set aside. Warm tortillas up in a microwavable bag in the microwave, about 1 minute. Take the tortillas and fry them in vegetable oil in a skillet for about 10 seconds on each side.

To make the enchiladas place the semi-fried tortillas on a plate and place shredded chicken in the middle, fold tortilla. After there are like 2-4 folded tortillas on the plate cover with salsa, cream, and cheese. Serve with spanish rice and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment