Friday, December 10, 2010

Potato Soup

My mom makes the best potato soup! This however is not entirely hers. She uses a different base than I did for this soup, but my husband gave it an 8 out of 10 so I thought I would share it with you! My mom deserves a lot of the credit though because besides the base of the soup everything else is how she makes hers!

What you need:

2 cups milk
4 cups chicken broth
2-3 Bay Leaves
1/4 cup Flour
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 cups carrots
1 1/2 cups celery
3-4 Russet Potatoes
1 1/2 cups sausage
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Chives

In a pot boil milk and chicken broth. In a sauce pan stir butter and flour to make a roux. Once roux is made add it slowly, while stirring constantly to the chicken broth and milk. Add bay leaves. Shred (cuisinart food processor works great for shredding) or cube potatoes and add them. While that cooks on medium heat, cook sausage and then add to the soup. Chop carrots and celery and add. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut chives and add. Let cook for about 15-20 minutes and serve with rolls or cheesy bread or anything you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment